Wednesday, October 13, 2010

continued...

     That night, we were able to see Taylor, and my horrible two days suddenly became worth it. The first week was rough, to say the least. Taylor wasn't allowed to live with us yet. I was in a strange place, with nobody I knew, with practically no belongings, trying to not just get myself to the end of the day, but also my high energy one-year old. The evenings were when we could spend time with Taylor and they were what we looked forward to.
      Life continued to go on, but the hardships never ceased. Wyatt gave us a couple of scares before he came. When he did come, it was a month early and he brought  with him a whole new set of trials. Giving birth was, of course, a happy time, but it was not ideal.  It was the middle of the night and we didn't know anyone really well, so Jane came to the hospital with us. The poor little thing would cry, seeing me in so much pain. Between the excruciating contractions I would tell Taylor to take her out, she didn't need to see her mommy like that. My nurses were what got me through. It was wonderful to hold my precious baby, but again, it was bitter sweet. I had wanted to be surrounded by my family, to show them all my new baby. It makes me sad to think that my children have a long distance relationship with my family. 
     Since then, things have only gotten harder. I will not go into anymore detail than I already have. We have endured hospitalizations, health problems, moving, and well warranted emotional lows. I look at myself a year ago, and I look at myself today. I am stronger, wiser, more humble and more grateful. I never thought I would have ever had to endure the trials I have this past year, but I have finally come to a place where I can say that I am grateful for them, all of them. Life has not gotten any easier, but I am starting to realize that it is all a part of a bigger plan. I have learned that all I can do is have the faith to carry on, come what may. 
     One year ago today, I did the hardest thing I had ever had to do. I grew up.

6 comments:

:Brittany: said...

Wow! Haley, you're amazing! I can't believe you did all of that and with 2 kids! You're a great example of faith and endurance. Keep it up! -Britt

Becca said...

Thank you so much for sharing Haley, you are amazing. There's nothing like a little perspective, you really are a strong, beautiful momma!

Unknown said...

Oh Haley! What a strong post! You are amazing and I am so upset and disappointed in all of those people that didn't help you. As for the guy that sat next to you on the plane - ugh! I have many mean and awful things running thru my brain for him... What a jerk!
I love you! I miss you! And I am so proud of you!

Jennifer and Jeff said...

Oh Haley...you made me cry! You should write a book. ;) I wish I was there....I would have helped you. Im glad things are better now. I know how it is to be away from your family. Its hard.

christastrebel said...

woah.
Hal- you're amazing. Reading this makes me realize that someone always has it worse. I've been through some tough times too but they are insignificant compared to what you've gone through. Completely different too. It's amazing what the Lord has in store for us. He's quite clever. Just when you think you cant handle it, you have just the right amount of faith to give you endurance and hope to make it through. and that exactly where we grow and learn- the hardest times. Thanks for sharing this and i agree with Jen, IF you had the time, you should write a book. Maybe after the kids are grown up and out of the nest! I miss and Love you!

bretandjulie said...

What an amazing woman you are! Now you know you really can make it through anything! Love you sweetie!