Friday, January 23, 2009

Lincoln Wayne Davis... at last

Born January 22, 2009
@ 9:15 PM
9 lbs 4 oz
19 1/4 in
My brother Jared and his wife Lindsey finally had their baby boy. We were all anxiously awaiting his arrival and were all so exciting when he finally came. Lindsey went in yesterday to be induced because he just wasn't wanting to come on his own. The whole process was pretty speedy. She got in her room at 5 PM and had him a little over four hours later. Not bad. Lincoln is so cute. He is what my mom calls a "brick". He is heavy and compact. I was able to be there when big sister Lily finally got to see her new brother. She had to wear a mask and they had to bring the baby out of the room to meet her. The first thing she did was try to give him his pacifier. It was a sweet gesture.

I am so happy to be an aunt again. I love Lily and I know Lincoln will bring just as much joy to the family. I am happy that he and Jane are close in age. I have a feeling he will get bigger than her very soon and be quick to learn how to beat up on her. Oh the things we have to look forward to.

1 comment:

Erin Leigh said...

The groundhog's day pancakes were DELICIOUS just so you know. :) I'll make them for you sometime. You just seperate some of the batter and put food coloring in it. Tricky!!