Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unexpectedly Expecting

Yes, that is correct, less than a year ago I had my first baby and now I am pregnant with my second. As you can imagine it was quite a surprise. I cried a lot at first, but I have now come to peace with it and am actually getting excited. I have concluded that Heavenly Father has decided to bless me with a baby at this time to help get me through Taylor being gone, to give me something else to keep my mind on. Taylor will be leaving on Monday for basic training and will be gone for 8 weeks after which he will come home for 2 weeks and then leave again for 6 months. I think any women would be scared at the thought of having a baby and being pregnant without their husband around. That is not going to be the hardest part though because I do have family around. The hardest part is that he will most likely not be at the delivery. The timing of this stinks, but it is a wonderful blessing and who am I to decide when Heavenly Father can and cannot bless me. Our new little blessing is due the beginning of February.

4 comments:

Jared and Sami said...

You guys are so amazing, you have such a great outlook and I know that's why heavenly father would give you such a special blessing. Let us know if there's anything we can do, we're here for you!

Erin Leigh said...

dude, i TOTALLY have wanted to call you all week about this. cheryl told us on Sunday and i was ecstatic for you although i know this has got to be so hard. yikes, even thinking about doing all that without my husband is just unbearable. i really wish i were there to help. i already know jane and june are going to be such good friends. plus i'm jealous becuase i want to be pregnant again, i know that makes me sound nutsos, but i do. time's a waistin' for me. i was thinking of being preggos before the year was over. so we'll hopefully have babies close together again. yay! LOVE YOU!

:Brittany: said...

Haley! I'm so excited for you guys! Youre such a great mom! Keep your head up!

bretandjulie said...

Congrats! Babies are always blessings, whether we realize it at the time or not. But you seem to be doing great and having faith in the Lord that this is what's right for your family. You're a strong woman, you can do it! Love ya and will keep you in my prayers!