Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally... My first letter

Taylor has now been away at basic training for two weeks. I never imagined I would be able to make it this long but thankfully I have. Today I recieved my first letter from him. This is the first I have heard from him since he arrived there and let me tell you, it was wonderful. He is doing very good and says that every day is a little easier. The part he was most looking forward to, the physical training has been a bit of a let down I guess. His exact description was "lame PT for weenies". I will leave you with an excerp of a part that I found to be entertaining.

" After PT, we shower all together. I think that is the only time when having 20/400 vision is a good thing."

4 comments:

lauren said...

haley i'm so glad you posted! i JUST thought of you and wondered how you're doing-- i'm going to be home in august for a few weeks and bernie will be in town and christa may or may not be there so we should definitely do lunch or something!

bretandjulie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Glad he is doing well. How are you feeling? Any fun morning sickness?

christastrebel said...

Hey, Yes, im not sure if ill be there... I will have to be there at the End of august for my brothers Wedding but the time in between then depends... I think I'll be home though until the beginning of September, i think im moving back up here and working... Who knows. my mind changes every day.

Amy said...

Haley, I would have such a hard time with Bry being gone that long! He is gone for this weekend, he left this morning and it is already hard!